“Eclectic, interesting…will fill you with hope and resolve!” – Pick up our new short story collection, Women.Mutiny
We’re back with our weekly dose of stories from across the World Wide Web!
– Why your daughter’s marriage shouldn’t be your biggest dream for her.
– Non-recognition of household work leads to gender inequality says Kirti Singh, a lawyer practicing on women’s issues, in her new book Separated And Divorced Women In India- Economic Rights And Entitlements.
– Why does a girl need to look ‘girl enough’ to play sports? Thoughts on gender policing in sport, and how it begins at a very young age.
– How can dads help daughters develop a healthy body image? A cool read on some amazing dads.
– Why are doctors so insensitive when doing a sensitive gynaecological examination? For every woman who’s ever dreaded that visit to the doctor.
– Planning to see Raanjhana? This review will make you re-consider.
Happy Reading and do share below in the comments other good reads on women’s rights and women’s lives that you think everybody should read!
Shruti Kamat is a psychology student who reads a lot, writes a bit, wants to
Why Is Something That Is Wrong For Rucha Di Right For Her Brother?
“I Like To Fend For Myself And Not Depend On Anyone” – Words Of A Strong Woman
Serena Williams’ Open Letter Is A Must Read For All Girls (And Their Parents!)
Best Of Women’s Web – Editor’s Pick For Oct 2012
Stay updated with our Weekly Newsletter or Daily Summary - or both!