The Orange Flower is back with double energy and even stronger voices! Join us in celebrating women’s voices. Register Now
The Orange Flower is here!We are ready to hear powerful voices in sixteen different categories. Nominate for awards!
The debate this week has veered back to sexual crimes against Indian women and the misogyny and patriarchy that perpetrates such crimes:
– Re-examining sexual violation: Asaram Bapu and five men
Check it out!
– Indian politicians, religious leaders and others have been proposing some very intriguing ways to fight sex crimes which only serve the purpose of dehumanizing women more.
– Is Raksha Bandhan a festival of patriarchy?
– On the ‘Dark is Beautiful’ campaign that questions India’s obsession with fair skin.
– The Indian Homemaker writes about the sense of entitlement that is hardwired into every male child in an Indian household.
Shruti Kamat is a psychology student who reads a lot, writes a bit, wants to
Stay updated with our Weekly Newsletter or Daily Summary - or both!
Sign in/Register & Get personalised recommendations