Check out 16 Return-To-Work Programs In India For Ambitious Women Like You!
Interesting stories for Indian women from around the world this week.
The many shades of being a woman highlighted in our ‘Pick of the Week’:
– The Indian Homemaker answers some important questions about the conduct that is often expected from a daughter-in-law in traditional Indian families.
– Apparently, playing the best tennis isn’t enough. Marion Bartoli deemed “undeserving” of the Wimbledon title by sexists because she is not a tall, skinny blonde.
– Feminism has many shades but Rahila Gupta says that if we keep our larger goals in sight, these many shades can merge into one strong, vibrant colour.
– On how a woman is often a woman’s best enemy.
– What we should learn from Malala Yousafzai.
Shruti Kamat is a psychology student who reads a lot, writes a bit, wants to travel and dreams incessantly. read more...
Stay updated with our Weekly Newsletter or Daily Summary - or both!
A feminist man sometimes seems like an oxymoron, but maybe there are some out there. How is it to be married to a feminist man?
How is it to be married to a feminist man?
This is a working list. Will keep adding to it.
Do you also have a feminist man at home? And if yes, what is it to be married to him? Do share.
"There is a story and a vision which makes us gravitate towards cinema. Even as we worked as assistants on ads, we realised that cinema was our true calling," say Gunpreet Kaur Mann and Deepali Singh Raseen.
The Railway Men. Mili. Cuttputli. The Diplomat. Bade Miyan Chote Miyan. And more…
Let me introduce to you the talented designer duo who have worked on these, and can be considered today’s upcoming costume designers for the screen. Gunpreet Kaur Mann and Deepali Singh.
Having studied at NIFT, Gunpreet Kaur Mann sent her portfolio out to several designers. Her first gig was as an assistant stylist with Manoshi and Rushi, who also happen to be a designer duo. She worked on an ad film starring Saif Ali Khan and eventually landed a full time job with designer Vikram Phadnis. Years of experience as assistant costume designer followed, which eventually led her to getting a break.
Please enter your email address