Are you also one of those who likes to watch video content? Watch new videos each week here!
Are you also chai lover? How about bringing your love for Chai and entrepreneurship together and become a Chaipreneur?
Being a working mother is no easy task… Every day comes with its share of endless round-the- clock expectations, ups and downs, challenges, surprises, joys and sorrows, good, bad and ugly, unanticipated / unexpected events / activities, challenges, exhaustion, moments of self-doubt, wonder, awe, guilt, etc. etc. etc.
Simply because every working mother has to deal with several “mini-projects” as I call it on a daily basis:
Project 1 : Kids (A to Z)
Project 2 : Work / Career
Project 3 : Food and Cooking
Project 4 : Husband (Yes! A full time project)
Project 5 : Friends
Project 6 : Home Maintenance
Project 7 : Family
Project 8 : Self
Project 9 : Miscellaneous / Others
Just listing it down exhausted me! Then imagine how exhausting it would be for anyone to manage every single one of them, every single day!
The bottom-line is really this:
– You are primarily accountable and responsible for all / most of the above (In most cases).
– You can plan all that you want. But a lot of things are beyond planning – in fact, beyond your control (For e.g.: Kids not well, you fall sick, a last minute deadline at work, an extremely urgent official “life-and-death” call which the spouse has to take!, a natural calamity.)
– You can really take it one day at a time in terms of execution! At least till your children are somewhat independent!
And ever since I became a working mother myself, I have often wondered if there was a magic mantra to aid any working mother. Something which
– Gives you that extra energy
– Gives you “Me Time”
– Makes you more productive
– Makes you “clear-headed”; no matter what situation you are in
– Keeps you emotionally balanced
– Gives you those much needed extra-hours
– Makes you look good / younger despite your age / stress-level
And the good news is this – from personal experience, I’ve found one “MAGIC MANTRA” which can truly make a DIFFERENCE for a working mother; at least in addressing all the points listed above.
And that is regular practice of Yoga and Meditation.
Everyday practice of yoga and meditation for 30 – 40 minutes has enormous benefits from all dimensions – physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual.
Here’s what I realized as the key benefits of the practice of yoga and meditation:
– You get that extra energy simply because of the improved blood flow and oxygen circulation in your body
– You get a few minutes of “Me Time” ; just for yourself and to yourself – time of calm, peace and quiet
– You end up being more productive. Personally, I’ve found that my productivity almost doubles on days I practice yoga / meditate ; and hence you can actually “gain time”
– Your head is a lot clearer; and you can handle high-stress / pressure situations at home and work; and make decisions better. After all, stressful / pressure situations are a routine part of everyday parenting!
– You are more in control of your own emotions; and this is extremely important for a working mother. Else you can go on an emotional roller-coaster ride every single day!
– Last but not least, you get a wonderful body tone, agility and glow on your face / skin – which every woman / mother truly loves
If you’re interested in learning more on how yoga can make a difference in your life, hop over to my post on 12 Most Promising Outcomes of the regular practice of yoga.
In conclusion.. Looking back at my own life – Ever since I became a mother myself, I have a new found respect and admiration for all working mothers.
No matter what you do
No matter where you live
No matter what else you do
If you’re a working mother
Hats off to you
What is the magic mantra that has worked for you? Would love to hear your views… Leave a comment to let me know.
*Photo credit: duchessa.
Working Mom • Marketologist - Digital Artisan - Brand Storyteller • Ideapreneur • Writer - Blogger - Columnist • IIMB Alumni • Mentor • Horizon
Pingback: Working Mothers – Is there a Magic Mantra? | Nischala’s Space, Thoughts, Expressions…
Get our weekly mailer and never miss out on the best reads by and about women!