Workshop: Content Marketing That Works. Mumbai, Bangalore, Gurugram and Hyderabad. Get tickets now.
#BloggerContest. Tell us what TRUE BEAUTY means to you and get a chance to win a prize by Naturals. It’s time we redefine beauty! Click for details.
If you are on Twitter, do check out these 10 Indian moms who always have something interesting to tweet!
By Prerna Malik
Twitter is not just for tweeting out news and trivia or sharing details about your daily routine; it is an excellent tool to connect with like-minded people from around the world. As an active Twitter-er (yes, that is a word, I believe), I have had the opportunity to connect with and interact with some of the most interesting moms on Twitter.
The following 10 Indian moms on Twitter (in no particular order) tweet about being a mom, parenting, family life and best of all, invite you into their worlds. In other words, follow them NOW!
1. @mommylabs – I know Rashmie, the mom behind Mommy Labs and am amazed by her creativity and learning through play ideas. Follow her Twitter stream if you’re seeking creative ways to teach kids about science, maths, or simply, have fun.
2. @McAfee_cybermum – Tweeting about keeping kids safe online, this is one Twitter account that you, as a parent, must follow.
3. @putti_prapancha – Mom to Putti, this Twitter mother will help you find the best craft projects to do with the kids. From playing with shredded paper to smashing Styrofoam bowls, you can be sure that her Twitter stream will keep you inspired with ideas.
4. @zenmotherhood – This office-going mom currently living the SAHM lifestyle tweets about life with her kids and topics of general interest to parents all over the world.
5. @Rekhakakr – Founder of Life Zing, an online magazine and multi-talented mom, Rekha’s Twitter stream is a melting pot of her culinary adventures and her photographs, along with titbits on leading a life of health, wellness and balance.
6. @TheMomViews – Swapna is the mom behind The Mom Views and shares her ‘views’ and ideas on parenting, products for kids and families and more for Indian parents.
7. @kiranmanral – Mom, writer and recently published author, Kiran Manral is an active Twitter force to reckon with. She is straightforward and vocal about issues she feels strongly about and doesn’t hesitate to voice her opinions, whether on parenting or on public issues.
8. @ArtsyCraftsyMom – Like @MommyLabs, Shruti Bhat the woman behind Artsy Craftsy Mom also tweets about fun craft projects with kids to inspire you to make learning fun and free-structured.
9. @ProlificCooking – I’ve had the pleasure of trying out Srishti a.k.a. ProlificCooking’s recipes and they’re a hit with the kiddo. If you’re looking for healthy but yummy snack and food options for the kids, Srishti is your gal.
10. @PreetiVyas – Mom and entrepreneur, Preeti tweets about cooking with kids, fun with food and of course, her life as a multi-tasking mompreneur.
Are you on Twitter? Know anyone else whom we should follow? Leave a comment and let us know! (Women’s Web is at Twitter too – tweeting on careers, parenting and social issues, so add that one to your list too!)
*Photo credit: Mish Mish (Used under the Creative Commons Attribution License.)
I tweet at @rituparna_ghosh and @fullninemonths
My baby blog is http://onboardthemommyship.com/
You can also follow us @mothersspace or join us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/mothersspace
Mother’s Space – http://www.mothersspace.in – is a portal for Indian Moms of all ages – from moms-to-be to grandmoms too!
Thanks a lot for including me in this fabulous list!! Discovered couple more moms to tweet with:)
Would like to add Maya @thinkmaya founder of Memetales !!
Thank you for compiling this list of interesting mommy bloggers. I write about various things, parenting is one of them though it is the closest to my heart.
I blog on http://www.shunalishroff.com and mumbaibuzz.wordpress.com
my twitter handle is shunalishroff.
Thanks for sharing this list of cool moms. I too have a parenting blog MutterNTochter. My twitter handle is @charuamar
Kids At Work – Get Started At Home!
Talking To Our Sons About Periods
Cyber Safety For Kids In India
Why I Hired A Nanny
Stay updated with our Weekly Newsletter or Daily Summary - or both!
Sign in/Register & Get personalised recommendations