Good Indian girls don’t stand up for themselves. Or do they? Tell us your story, participate in the ‘I Stood Up’ Women’s Web Blogathon!
Our society insists that we women ought to behave like a “good Indian girl”, to adjust and to keep our opinions to ourselves – or better still, not have any opinions of our own at all. But many of us don’t agree.
We decide that enough is enough and we find the courage and conviction from somewhere deep within us to stand up – against injustice, against harassment, against discrimination, against oppression, against inequality, against prejudice.
Have you had such a moment when you stood up? Presenting the ‘I Stood Up’ blogathon! Write about a situation in your life when you stood up – for yourself or for another.
[UPDATE: Blogathon winners announced)
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
1. Write a post on your own blog or website on the theme, ‘I Stood Up’. Make sure you include the include a link to this contest announcement article.
2. Drop in a comment here with a link to your post – just to make sure we don’t miss your entry.
Contest open from 17th to 25th July 2012 (9 p.m. IST)
The top 3 best entries will each be awarded Rs.500 worth Flipkart vouchers.
3 runners-up will be awarded a Women’s Web mug each.
1. You can participate from anywhere in the world and write more than 1 entry if you wish – for purposes of judging for prizes though, we can count only one per blogger.
2. Blog posts that don’t link to this page will not be eligible for prizes
3. Entries that do not respect the spirit of the competition and are the result of any activities such as spurious/multiple blogs for claiming prizes will be rejected. Judges’ decision on the winners is final.
Want to add the cool contest logo to your page? Just copy-paste this code into the html view on your post editor!
<a href="http://www.womensweb.in/articles/i-stood-up-blogathon" target="_blank" alt="I Stood Up" width="302px"><img src="http://www.womensweb.in/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/I-stood-up-blogathon.jpg"></a>
Women's Web is a vibrant community for Indian women, an authentic space for us
The Women’s Web I Stood Up Blogathon Results!
International Women’s Day Special: Pay It Forward Blogathon
Reader’s Corner: With Jo Chopra
Fighting Domestic Violence In India
Stay updated with our Weekly Newsletter or Daily Summary - or both!