What actions should HR and business leaders take to curb mental harassment at work? Share your thoughts.
This deeply moving poem explores how love and passion can veer into the realm of toxicity. What happens when we let love destroy us?
1. I looked at you with all the cacophony of the wild in my eyes.
2. You did not flinch.
3. My demons played hopscotch in your backyard.
4. You threw them scraps from under your table.
5. My soul hollowed at the sound of your name to accommodate space, they shrunk from within, my lungs filled with your breath, you were me, all of me.
6. Your eyes swallowed me whole. Slowly, slowly, till there was nothing left of me. Funnelled into the iris, no easy way out, right into the centre of your existence.
7. My skin was a map and your kisses were home. You inked me till it hurt, and then I believed all the places that didn’t hurt weren’t home.
8. The music of your voice was my only compass. Your best song was the way you said my name.
9. You filled yourself with vestiges of everything I was till I was nothing, just a floating apparition. I was sinking, I was scared, I was stupid, I was sad.
10. My demons are all dead, your plates all clean, and my compass shows me broken North and battered Souths.
11. You’re breaking, you’re fading. You’re calling out my name but it doesn’t sound like music anymore.
12. I’m gasping for air.
13. You’re drowning, I’m dying. You’re calling this love, you’re kissing me under water, I kiss you back to only realise this isn’t a kiss, this is stealing. This is stealing all my air. This isn’t fair, you’re flinching when you look at my half empty eyes.
14. I’m sorry, I’m lost. I’m sorry, I’m dying.
15. You’re not sorry, you won’t let go, for the love of life, you’re strangling my neck, you’re taking your first whiff of air, you’re breathing, your lungs full of life and your fingers cutting through my neck, I’m dying, I’m sorry I’m dying.
Now I’m half alive, looking for broken walls and shattered glass vases, blood and nail marks, and pain tattooed onto the skin like ink with a broken compass for company.
Because you taught me that any place that doesn’t hurt, isn’t home.
Image credit: Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
Guest Bloggers are those who want to share their ideas/experiences, but do not have a profile here. Write to us at [email protected] if you have a special situation (for e.g. want read more...
Women's Web is an open platform that publishes a diversity of views, individual posts do not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions at all times.
Stay updated with our Weekly Newsletter or Daily Summary - or both!
I wanted to scream with excitement that my daughter chose to write about her ambition and aspirations over everything else first. To me, this was one of those parenting 'win' moments.
My daughter turned eight years old in January, and among the various gifts she received from friends and family was an absolutely beautiful personal journal for self-growth. A few days ago, she was exploring the pages when she found a section for writing a letter to her future self. She found this intriguing and began jotting down her thoughts animatedly.
My curiosity piqued and she could sense it immediately. She assured me that she would show me the letter soon, and lo behold, she kept her word.
I glanced at her words, expecting to see a mention of her parents in the first sentence. But, to my utter delight, the first thing she had written about was her AMBITION. Yes, the caps here are intentional because I want to scream with excitement that my daughter chose to write about her ambition and aspirations over everything else first. To me, this was one of those parenting ‘win’ moments.
Are you an environmentalist looking for women-owned sustainable products to support? Here are 5 sustainability business led by Indian women!
5 Sustainability Business In India Run By Women!
Are you an environmentalist looking for women-owned sustainable products to support?
Do you wish to show your support for the women killing it in the world of business, but also don’t want to shop for non-sustainable products? We have the solution for you- women-owned sustainable businesses.
Please enter your email address