Explore the exquisite magic of Alcohol Ink Art. You will learn how to make beautiful abstract art, patterns like ripples and ridges. Learn Alcohol Ink art with Piyusha Vir
Participate in the Motherhood: A Song For Life contest, and share an interesting story about your beautiful journey of motherhood.
When it comes to mothers and motherhood, everyone has something to share! In all the conversation about motherhood, probably the one thing that no can deny is that motherhood is for life. Haven’t we all felt touched and yet amused, at the 80 year old mother worrying about her 60 year old child?
That’s what this contest for mothers is about, and it all begins with this song.
Presenting here, the ‘Motherhood: A Song For Life’ contest in association with Mom & Me, a one-of-a-kind store for mothers and children.
If you watched the video above, you could probably relate to the range of feelings the mother goes through. For the contest, start with the video and share your own thoughts, feeling or stories about motherhood and how it has been part of the song of your life. Tell us what it has meant to you, how it has touched your life, or anything else you would like to share about this journey.
1. Write a post on your blog on the theme, ‘Motherhood: A Song Of Life’. Make sure you embed the video in your entry.
2. Drop in a comment here with a link to your post – just to make sure we don’t miss your entry.
(Do add in a link to this contest page, to share this interesting contest with other mums).
Contest open from 18th October to 4th November 2012 (9 pm IST).
Thanks to Mom & Me, we have cool prizes for those of you joining in the celebration!
– The 3 best entries will win Mom & Me store vouchers worth Rs.500. What’s more these entries would also be published in the Mother’s World magazine.*
– The next 3 best entries win Mom & Me store vouchers worth Rs. 300.
Mom & Me, the chain of stores from Mahindra Retail, has been built around the unique needs of mothers to be, young mothers, infants and children up to the age of nine. Products include maternity & infant apparel; mother’s & baby wellness, nursery, food & nutrition, travel & safety and toys & games under Private Label, Exclusive International Brands and Indian brands. In a short span of time, Mom & Me successfully created a strong brand with pan India presence, operating over 100 stores across 43 cities in India by 2012.
1. Blog posts that do not include the video will not be eligible for prizes. (You can get the code to embed the video at this Youtube link).
2. There is no restriction on the number of entries, but entries that are not genuine/created on multiple blogs for claiming prizes will be rejected. Judges decision on the winners is final.
* Entries may need to be modified to fit the magazine format. Entries with pictures would be more suitable for publishing, although this is not a condition for participation.
The Mom & Me and Women’s Web teams together racked our heads and managed to come up with 6 winners from among the wonderful entries – and phew, believe us, it was a difficult task! After all, each song of motherhood was so unique and beautiful in its own way, where do we begin to choose?
Choose we had to, but as one participant said, “Every mom is a winner”. For contest purposes though, here are the results!
The top 3 entries, which win Mom & Me vouchers of Rs.500 each, and are eligible for featuring in the December issue of Mother’s World magazine are:
1. Meeta Sabnis who says, “Motherhood for me is indeed a song for life. It is a responsibility that I have chosen to shoulder and I will do whatever it takes to fulfil it with confidence, poise, skills and passion.” Over to Meeta.
2. Monika Pant for her wistful reflection on her ‘Thumbelina’ growing up into a fairytale princess. Monika’s entry.
3. Hip Grandma, who gives us the beautiful thought that the lyrics of your song as a mother may change as your children grow older, but the essence remains the same. Read Hip Grandma’s post.
The next 3 prize-winning entries, which will receive Mom & Me vouchers of Rs.300 each, come from:
4. Arundhati who talks about the many, many things that her son taught her, among them, to revel in simple pleasures and be happy. Over to Arundhati.
5. Priyadarshini for her post on the ups and downs of motherhood, and on discovering the Sisterhood of mothers. Simple and beautiful is Priyadarshini’s post.
6. Madhu Arora for her most unusual piece on being an on-the-fence mother. What’s that, you say? Find out from Madhu in her utterly candid post.
Congratulations dear winners, and we’ll be in touch with your prizes! A big thank you to every single person who participated, and we hope to see you again at more such events that let us all build the conversations that matter.
Women's Web is a vibrant community for Indian women, an authentic space for us
Embracing Motherhood – Abroad
Mothers On A New Track (Part 1)
Reader’s Corner: With Meeta Sabnis
Unplanned Pregnancy: My Story
Stay updated with our Weekly Newsletter or Daily Summary - or both!