The Orange Flower is back with double energy and even stronger voices! Join us in celebrating women’s voices. Register Now
The Orange Flower is here!We are ready to hear powerful voices in sixteen different categories. Nominate for awards!
This month’s brand new 15-minute episode of the Modern Family podcast features Maith Iyengar, a working mother of two.
According to the World Economic Forum, women in India are still severely under-represented in the labour force. And it doesn’t help that a new generation of well-educated young women from a rising middle class are apparently less inclined to work.
In this episode of Spotlight, I talk to Maith, a telecom engineer settled in the United States, about her arranged marriage and how she and her husband have made it work for nearly two decades. We discussed –
Check it out!
– The outright discrimination faced by working women a generation ago
– The effect of these experiences on the women who continued to work
– Family vs. work – is it easier to live abroad?
– The recent trend of couples across the diaspora inviting parents-in-law to live with them
– The effect of this on children
– Pros and cons
– Why communication is key
– The importance of marrying a man who respects you
– Finding time for each other
– Surface modernity and sexism that refuses to die out
Click to play or download to listen at your leisure!
Women's Web is a vibrant community for Indian women, an authentic space for us
Very candid responses from Maith !
She was great to interview!
M! Good show!
Stay updated with our Weekly Newsletter or Daily Summary - or both!
Sign in/Register & Get personalised recommendations