Over the years, your support has made Women’s Web the leading resource for women in India. Now, it is our turn to ask, how can we make this even more useful for you? Please take our short 5 minute questionnaire – your feedback is important to us!
As Beautiful As Your Work - Tanishq Mia invites you to write about a woman who makes her work beautiful!
Participate in the Tanishq ‘As Beautiful As Your Work’ contest – Blog about women who make their work beautiful and win fabulous prizes!
Do you know women for whom their work is a form of self-expression? We are struck by the beauty of such women, like Megha in this latest Tanishq Mia ad.
Tanishq invites you, bloggers, to write about one such woman who makes her work beautiful. For whom, it’s a lot more important to love what she does, therefore taking it from ‘work is worship’ to ‘this worship is fun’! A woman who zings up her presentations with her imagination and colours. This woman could be you. Or she could be from your office, your home or your class-room. Maybe even someone whose story inspires you.
Blog about one such woman and you could be the one taking home some amazing vouchers from Tanishq!
A Big Thank You to all the participants. The winning entries for this contest have been announced by the Tanishq team – check here.
* Some of the winning entries are over 500 words, which was originally set as a word limit. We understand from brand reps that the reason is because most of the entries were over 500 words, which left the judges with too few choices within the word limit. Request you for your understanding on this, and hope to have a better solution next time!
How to participate?
1. Write a post on your blog about a woman who fits the theme, ‘As Beautiful As Your Work’. Make sure you include the Mia video in your entry. To add the video, you just need to copy this code into the html section of your post:
<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Qq3Kh-tHsyk" height="315" width="560" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0"></iframe>
2. Add a link to this page As Beautiful As Your Work to your post.
3. Upload your post link at the entries page
4. Drop us a note here in the comments, so we can track your entry as well!
Don’t forget these 1-2-3-4 steps, so you get a chance at those lovely prizes.
Contest open from July 17th 2013 to August 16th 2013. Prizes will be announced on 23rd August 2013.
– First Prize – Tanishq Jewellery Voucher worth INR 30,000 and an opportunity to blog on the Tanishq blog
– Second Prize – Tanishq Jewellery Voucher worth INR 15,000 and an opportunity to blog on the Tanishq blog
– 5 Special Prizes – Tanishq Jewellery Vouchers worth INR 5000 each
– To be eligible for prizes, blogposts must include the Mia video and link to this page
– Word limit: A maximum of 500 words
– There is no restriction on the number of entries, but entries that are not genuine/created on multiple blogs for claiming prizes will be rejected. Judges decision on the winners is final.
– Blog submissions containing pornographic, adult, obscene or racist language will not be considered
Women's Web is a vibrant community for Indian women, an authentic space for us to be ourselves and talk about all things that matter to us. Follow us via the read more...
Women's Web is an open platform that publishes a diversity of views, individual posts do not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions at all times.
Stay updated with our Weekly Newsletter or Daily Summary - or both!
He said that he needed sometime to himself. I waited for him as any other woman would have done, and I gave him his space, I didn't want to be the clingy one.
Trigger Warning: This deals with mental trauma and depression, and may be triggering for survivors.
I am someone who believes in honesty and trust, I trust people easily and I think most of the times this habit of mine turns into bane.
This is a story of how a matrimonial website service turned into a nightmare for me, already traumatized by the two relationships I’ve had. It’s a story for every woman who lives her life on the principles of honesty and trust.
And when she enters the bedroom, she sees her husband's towel lying on the bed, his underwear thrown about in their bathroom. She rolls her eyes, sighs and picks it up to put in the laundry bag.
Vasudha, age 28 – is an excellent dancer, writer, podcaster and a mandala artist. She is talented young woman, a go getter and wouldn’t bat an eyelid if she had to try anything new. She would go head on with it. Everyone knew Vasudha as this cheerful and pretty young lady.
Except when marriage changed everything she knew. Since she was always outdoors, whether for office or for travelling for her dance shows, Vasudha didn’t know how to cook well.
Going by her in-laws definition of cooking – she had to know how to cook any dishes they mentioned. Till then Vasudha didn’t know that learning to cook was similar to getting an educational qualification. As soon as she entered the household after her engagement, nobody was interested what she excelled at, everybody wanted to know – what dishes she knew how to cook.