Explore the exquisite magic of Alcohol Ink Art. You will learn how to make beautiful abstract art, patterns like ripples and ridges. Learn Alcohol Ink art with Piyusha Vir
I’ve seen lots of posts where people write about why they are feminist. I thought I’d do something similar. So, I wrote a list. Ten short points – although there are other reasons I’m a feminist as well.
1. Killing infant females is not culture.
2. Aborting foetuses because they have vaginas is messed up.
3. MARITAL RAPE IS RAPE.
4. Burning/torturing a woman because she didn’t pay enough dowry is a violation of human rights.
5. Being denied education because you are female is disgusting.
6. Slut shaming (or woman-hating) is never acceptable.
7. Being blamed for rape is NOT ok.
8. “You’re such a girl” is considered an insult.
9. Acid is thrown on women’s faces because they refused a proposal.
10. There are more than two genders.
I end my piece with these words:
Read point three again. And again. Ughhhh.
Pic credit: Sigurdas (Used under a Creative Commons license)
Brought up in a patriarchal society, but not a misogynist.
Go Home, Simmba. You’re A Shameful Mess
What Feminism Is Not – Not Man-Hating Or ‘Modern Dress’ Or Favouring Women! What Is It, Then?
The Misogyny Of Men Who THINK They’re Woke Is Hurting The Cause Of Gender Equality
As A Feminist, I Don’t Want To Feel Angry Anymore; I Just Want To Fix It – Am I Wrong?
Stay updated with our Weekly Newsletter or Daily Summary - or both!