I’ve seen lots of posts where people write about why they are feminist. I thought I’d do something similar. So, I wrote a list. Ten short points – although there are other reasons I’m a feminist as well.
1. Killing infant females is not culture.
2. Aborting foetuses because they have vaginas is messed up.
3. MARITAL RAPE IS RAPE.
4. Burning/torturing a woman because she didn’t pay enough dowry is a violation of human rights.
5. Being denied education because you are female is disgusting.
6. Slut shaming (or woman-hating) is never acceptable.
7. Being blamed for rape is NOT ok.
8. “You’re such a girl” is considered an insult.
9. Acid is thrown on women’s faces because they refused a proposal.
10. There are more than two genders.
I end my piece with these words:
Read point three again. And again. Ughhhh.
Pic credit: Sigurdas (Used under a Creative Commons license)
Brought up in a patriarchal society, but not a misogynist.
Go Home, Simmba. You’re A Shameful Mess
What Feminism Is Not – Not Man-Hating Or ‘Modern Dress’ Or Favouring Women! What Is It, Then?
Can We Stop The Rape Scenes That Serve Nothing More Than Voyeuristic Pleasure To Moviegoers?
As A Feminist, I Don’t Want To Feel Angry Anymore; I Just Want To Fix It – Am I Wrong?
Stay updated with our Weekly Newsletter or Daily Summary - or both!