Explore the exquisite magic of Alcohol Ink Art. You will learn how to make beautiful abstract art, patterns like ripples and ridges. Learn Alcohol Ink art with Piyusha Vir
Is celebrity baby culture here to stay in India? Do celebrities like Lara Dutta and Aamir Khan have some lessons for us? Listen to the first Women’s Web podcast!
By Amrita Rajan
Everything the Bachchans do makes the news – even if it’s just being born. This is the lesson we learned from the arrival of “Beti B”, the daughter of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Abhishek Bachchan. It was such a hotly anticipated event, even in these troubled times, that the I&B Ministry actually sent out guidelines for news crews to follow.
In the first episode of the Spotlight podcast, Sunayana Roy of the blog Sunny Days joins me to discuss:
– Has celebrity baby culture officially arrived in India?
– Is the Bachchan family’s obvious joy at welcoming a granddaughter a positive sign for society at large?
– Can celebrities really influence other people’s child raising choices?
– Lara Dutta and maternity wear against the backdrop of Indian pregnancy superstitions
– The phenomenon of “too posh to push” – a convenient cover for doctors who like to push costly C-sections on their patients?
– The generational gap: will we turn into our mothers?
– Aamir Khan and Kiran Rao’s surrogacy boosting morale
Celeb Baby Culture: Here to stay? by Women’s Web
For all this and more, click on the podcast above to play!
If there is a topic you’d like to see covered on this show or have other suggestions for us, we’d love to hear from you in the comment section.
Pic credit: Boris
Amrita Rajan is a writer. She's interested in what you have to say.
Bollywood’s Heroines: 30 Plus And Growing Stronger
Batul Mukhtiar: Documenting India
Ishita Srivastava: The Documentary Film Maker
Expats In India: Challenges At Work
Stay updated with our Weekly Newsletter or Daily Summary - or both!