Over the years, your support has made Women’s Web the leading resource for women in India. Now, it is our turn to ask, how can we make this even more useful for you? Please take our short 5 minute questionnaire – your feedback is important to us!
A woman's guide to relationships - how do you know when it is a breakup?
Come on, we love the term ‘Love Forever.’ Who would not love the celebrations of sweet-nothings, little thrills, non ending phone calls and small surprises to go on for a life-time? But as love brings its share of euphoria and dreams, lets accept, it brings along ‘heart-breaks’ too.
It is well understood that so many times, we are so blinded by the term ‘love’ that we do not want to see the writing on the walls. We live in denial. I have lived it too, so you are not the only one. In this article we talk about 7 vital signs that would make it clear, it is better to move on.
1) He is forever busy – It might be true for some days. But suddenly if he seems to be busier than the ‘President of United States of America,’ know there is something more to it. No one is too busy for a PHONE CALL.
2) He does not respond to your love messages – Remember the times, when your days passed hitting your Smartphone’s keys declaring undying love for each other through text messages. He suddenly stops responding to your messages. Even the most romantic ones go unanswered. Know it is leading you the the dreaded word.
3) He avoids your friends – Yes, we understand that your great love story began with you introducing him to your best friends and he was nice to all. And then he refuses to even go near them or avoids your group of friends in the best possible ways.
4) He has new friends in town – So, you knew all his friends. Yes, he introduced you to his group of buddies. But suddenly he has some new friends in the town and you have no CLUE about.
5) He gets defensive – Now, that he is no more the guy you fell in love with, every question is not met with a resolution but with defensiveness.
6) He keeps away from you – He tries all the tricks in the town NOT to meet you. And even if he does, he wants to finish the meeting as soon as possible. And no hugs or closeness happens. He avoids looking into your eyes.
7) He restricts/deletes you from his facebook account – This is the ultimatum. If he does so. Know for sure, “IT IS OVER.”
If this is happening to you, know it’s time to move on. Yes, accepting it hurts. Cry, beat the pillow, watch sob movies, join a hobby class, hang around with your friends, but know in your hearts, you will get over it too. No heart break is permanent.
You are neither the first one to go through it nor the last one. And a piece of advice, no matter how much it breaks your heart and soul now, one day you will look back and smile at it.
Pic credit: Oakley Originals (Used under a Creative Commons license)
Proud Indian. Senior Writer at Women's Web. Columnist. Book Reviewer. Street Theatre - Aatish. Dreamer. Workaholic. read more...
Women's Web is an open platform that publishes a diversity of views, individual posts do not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions at all times.
Stay updated with our Weekly Newsletter or Daily Summary - or both!
He said that he needed sometime to himself. I waited for him as any other woman would have done, and I gave him his space, I didn't want to be the clingy one.
Trigger Warning: This deals with mental trauma and depression, and may be triggering for survivors.
I am someone who believes in honesty and trust, I trust people easily and I think most of the times this habit of mine turns into bane.
This is a story of how a matrimonial website service turned into a nightmare for me, already traumatized by the two relationships I’ve had. It’s a story for every woman who lives her life on the principles of honesty and trust.
And when she enters the bedroom, she sees her husband's towel lying on the bed, his underwear thrown about in their bathroom. She rolls her eyes, sighs and picks it up to put in the laundry bag.
Vasudha, age 28 – is an excellent dancer, writer, podcaster and a mandala artist. She is talented young woman, a go getter and wouldn’t bat an eyelid if she had to try anything new. She would go head on with it. Everyone knew Vasudha as this cheerful and pretty young lady.
Except when marriage changed everything she knew. Since she was always outdoors, whether for office or for travelling for her dance shows, Vasudha didn’t know how to cook well.
Going by her in-laws definition of cooking – she had to know how to cook any dishes they mentioned. Till then Vasudha didn’t know that learning to cook was similar to getting an educational qualification. As soon as she entered the household after her engagement, nobody was interested what she excelled at, everybody wanted to know – what dishes she knew how to cook.