Check out the ultimate guide to 16 return-to-work programs in India for women
It must have been written about a million times on the average Indian mother's obsession on having boys; let me tell you why it's better to have girls!
It must have been written and spoken about a million times on the average Indian mother’s obsession on having boys and not girls, since girls are considered a burden and all that. But let me tell you why it’s better to have girls than boys…(No offence meant to anyone and I am the mother of a girl..so you can’t really accuse me of anything!)
1) You get to buy so much more variety of clothes…well, if you are a lazy mom like me..then you just end up buying t-shirts and pants, which are again an option right?
2) You don’t have to teach them how to pee standing and crap sitting…it’s the same style for both.
3) You have the advantage of naming your girl with much more prettier, different names than the usual boring boys’ names…
4) You get much more money from elders since they want you to start saving for your daughter’s wedding (!)
5) You get a best friend for life with whom you can share everything and anything and get away with it.
6) If you and your daughter are sports, you get a dancing partner, singing partner, badminton partner or whatever you want to do in life..and she will be game…(I am not saying your son won’t do it..but its easier with a daughter, I feel)
7) You save a lot of money at a later stage, if you maintain your figure, by borrowing your daughter’s clothes 🙂
8) Once your daughter is married, (in case it’s traditional and the daughter decides to move out of your house), you get a lot of free time to yourself where you can do what you want in life.
9) You get a lot of girlie stuff as gifts for your daughter whcih you can always use along with her…(and this is at any age and no figure caveat required) like hair clips and ear rings and stuff
10) In case you’re feeling low when your daughter is a teenager, borrow the the mills and boon and all those romantic chick flicks which is sure to buoy up your mood without having to spend money on buying them!
11) You come to a stage in life eventually when your daughter will help you dress up for an occasion right from dresses to accessories to hair and you just don’t have to worry about it
And any more advantages..please let me know..I am trying to tell people, that I feel the luckiest because I have a daughter 🙂
R’s Mom is a working mother in Mumbai trying to balance work, home and baby. Learning the ropes of new motherhood and wanting to spend more time with baby. Running to catch up with read more...
Stay updated with our Weekly Newsletter or Daily Summary - or both!
If her MIL had accepted her with some affection, wouldn't they have built a mutually happier relationship by now?
The incident took place ten years ago.
Smita could visit her mother only in summers when her daughter had school holidays. Her daughter also enjoyed meeting her Nani, and both of them had done their reservations for a week. A month before their visit, her husband told her, “My mom is coming for 4-5 months!”
Smita shuddered. She knew the repercussions. She would have to hear sarcastic comments from her mother-in-law for visiting her mother. She may make these comments directly only a bit, but her servants would be flooded with the words, “How horrible she is! She leaves me and goes!”
Maybe Animal is going to make Ranbir the superstar he yearns to be, but is this the kind of legacy his grandfather and granduncles would wish for?
I have no intention of watching Animal. I have heard it’s acting like a small baby screaming and yelling for attention. However, I read some interesting reviews which gave away the original, brilliant and awe-inspiring plot (was that sarcastic enough?), and I don’t really need to go watch it to have an informed opinion.
A little boy craves for his father’s love but doesn’t get it so uses it as an excuse to kill a whole bunch of people when he grows up. Poor paapa (baby) what else could he do?
I was wondering; if any woman director gets inspired by this movie and replicates this with a female protagonist, what would happen?. Oh wait, that’s the story of so many women in this world. Forget about not giving them love, you have fathers who try to kill their daughters or sell them off or do other equally despicable things.
Please enter your email address