- About Us
March 8th is International Women’s Day and how can we at Women’s Web not host a contest for our lovely readers?
Presenting here, the ‘Celebrating Myself’ contest in association with Zivame, India’s premium online lingerie store!
Every year on Women’s Day, we celebrate inspiring women, we celebrate the achievements of our near and dear ones and while that is great, how often do we celebrate ourselves? It is indeed time to be less humble.
Tell us what about you is worthy of a celebration. Our theme this year, ‘Celebrating Myself,’ is about looking for the good in each of us and feeling GREAT about it!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
1. Write a post on your own blog or website on the theme, ‘Celebrating Myself’. Make sure you include the contest logo (code, below) in your entry and include a link to this contest announcement article. (Copy it into the html section on your blog editor).
<a href="http://www.zivame.com/?utm_source=blog_contest&utm_medium=blog_contest&utm_content=blog_contest&utm_campaign=blog_contest" target="_blank" alt="Celebrating Myself" width="350px"><img src="http://www.womensweb.in/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/celebratingmyself.jpg"></a>
2. Drop in a comment here with a link to your post – just to make sure we don’t miss your entry.
3. If you don’t have a blog, but would still like to participate – write a note on Facebook – and make sure you tag us (@womensweb) – so that we can track your entry. (Don’t know how to write a note? Here’s help).
Contest open from 2nd to 15th March 2012 (9 p.m. IST)
Thanks to our generous sponsors Zivame, there are wonderful prizes for those of you joining in the celebration!
– The 1st prize for the best-written entry is Rs.2500 worth of free shopping at Zivame.
– We have 2nd prizes for five more excellent entries, and these get a Rs.500 shopping voucher to shop at Zivame. (All the above 6 entries also get a Women’s Web coffee mug).
– What if you don’t win? Never fear – Zivame is giving away a Rs.250 shopping voucher to every single participant!
ABOUT OUR JUDGES
We are so grateful to our two judges, who will be taking time out to judge the entries. Welcome:
Annie Zaidi: Annie Zaidi is the author of Known Turf: Bantering with Bandits and Other True Tales, and the co-author of The Bad Boy’s Guide to the Good Indian Girl. She writes poetry, fiction, essays and scripts.
Gita Aravamudan: Gita Aravamudan is a journalist and the author of Unbound: Indian women at work as well as Disappearing Daughters: The Tragedy of Female Foeticide and a novel, Healing.
MORE ABOUT ZIVAME
Zivame, an online lingerie store featuring hundreds of unique selections for the Indian woman, officially opened its doors online in August 2011. Zivame offers hand-picked lingerie from the most sought after brands like Amante, Bw!tch, Hollywood Fashion Secrets and many others. Enamor, Jockey, Hanes, Lovable and Triumph have partnered with Zivame to offer their lingerie selections online for the first time.
The name Ziva means Radiance in Hebrew; Zivame strives to bring out the radiance in every woman.
1. You can participate from anywhere in the world but a maximum of 1 entry per person. Coffee mugs can only be sent to a valid address in India.
2. Blog posts that don’t link to this page + use the contest code, and Facebook Notes that don’t tag us will not be eligible for prizes
3. Entries that do not respect the spirit of the competition and are the result of any activities such as spurious/multiple blogs for claiming prizes will be rejected. Judges’ decision on the winners is final.