- About Us
100 years of celebrating women’s capabilities, women’s rights and women’s strength calls for something special! Here is the Feminsipiration Contest.
That’s right – on 8th March 2011, it will be the 100th year of celebrating International Women’s Day.
At Women’s Web, we have an exciting contest for you to participate in and celebrate women. The Women’s Web ‘FemInspiration’ Contest runs from 1st to 16th March, so read on and remember to send in your entry on time!
WHAT FemInspiration is about: Celebrate women’s strength by writing about an incident, a day, a life, an issue – where you think a woman’s courage shone through.
(Update on 20/03/2011 – the FemInspiration contest results are out! Click to read about the 10 amazing prize-winning entries!)
WHICH WOMAN? Any woman! Yourself, a family member, a friend, a colleague, just someone you saw on the road, a historical figure, a character from a book or a movie, a female business or political leader, women in general – just about any woman whose actions, thoughts or life you found inspiring.
HOW to send your entry?
1. Write a post on your own blog or website. Make sure you include the contest logo (code, below) in your entry and include a link to this article.
2. If you don’t have a blog, but you’re on Facebook – write a note on Facebook – and make sure you tag us (@womensweb) – so that we can track your entry. (Don’t know how to write a note? Here’s help).
BY WHEN? Contest open from 1st to 16th March (9 p.m. IST)
THE PRIZES – a total of 10 prizes to be won!
1. One first prize for the best entry – a reversible bag from designer Namrata Narula’s ‘New-Improved’ label, worth Rs. 1000, with one side a blue-denim and the other an unusual maroon-and-silk brocade. Namrata’s bags are unique in that they are made by re-using existing garments/ products. (All material is thoroughly washed and ironed before it becomes a new product).
About our partner: Namrata Narula is a young and upcoming textile designer, who has chosen to work with rejected/discarded fabrics to create new and fresh products. Her brand ‘New-Improved’ seeks to redefines ideas of what can be done with waste in the form of fabrics termed as outdated, old and tossed out, and to preserve the fabric because of the owner’s attachment to it, or its exclusivity or rarity. Each product is fully hand crafted and no two things look alike! Do visit and support her. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Three second prizes – Flipkart vouchers worth Rs. 500 each
3. Six third prizes – each get a Women’s Web mug with a funny quote! (Pic here)
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Women as well as men are welcome to participate, though at the moment, we can only send prizes to a valid address in India.
(Blog posts that don’t link to this contest page + use the contest logo, and Facebook Notes that don’t tag our Facebook page will not be considered eligible.)
We know women have it tough, but we also know that women are not victims. Women have made their own destinies and supported the journeys of others too! This is the month to celebrate that strength and courage, so get started – NOW!
Spread the word! Just copy this code to display this button in your post/site!
<a href=”http://www.womensweb.in/item/celebrate-women-s-day-with-feminspiration.html” target=”blank” alt=”Celebrate Feminspiration on Women’s Web” width=”200px”><img src=”http://www.womensweb.in/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/feminspiration-contest-logo200.jpg”></a>