I’ve seen lots of posts where people write about why they are feminist. I thought I’d do something similar. So, I wrote a list. Ten short points – although there are other reasons I’m a feminist as well.
2. Aborting foetuses because they have vaginas is messed up.
4. Burning/torturing a woman because she didn’t pay enough dowry is a violation of human rights.
5. Being denied education because you are female is disgusting.
6. Slut shaming (or woman-hating) is never acceptable.
7. Being blamed for rape is NOT ok.
8. “You’re such a girl” is considered an insult.
9. Acid is thrown on women’s faces because they refused a proposal.
10. There are more than two genders.
I end my piece with these words:
Read point three again. And again. Ughhhh.
Pic credit: Sigurdas (Used under a Creative Commons license)